St. Louis Location
Serving Our Eastern Missouri Community
Personal Injury and Product Liability Lawyers
When you or a loved one suffers serious personal injury or harm caused by the carelessness of another, in addition to the physical healing and treatment you will undergo, you will have many questions about what to do next in order to protect your legal rights.
Your first step should be to contact The Driscoll Firm, P.C. We are national law firm that handles serious injury cases across the country, and pride ourselves on:
- Our hard work and innovation. We thoroughly investigate cases, consult with highly qualified experts and seek compensation for our clients by staying on the cutting edge of civil litigation.
- The depth and breadth of our experience. We have an extensive background in handling complex civil litigation, including major class-action cases and catastrophic injury cases.
- The broad scope of our clients. We have the resources and years of experience that enable us to successfully represent clients from across the country in a broad range of catastrophic injury and defective products cases.
To learn more about how attorney John J. Driscoll and our dedicated legal team can help you address and resolve your case, contact us today. We can provide a free, timely and confidential consultation.
What Should You Expect When You Contact Our St. Louis, MO Personal Injury Firm?
Our law firm focuses primarily on helping those who have been seriously injured, including:
- Pharmaceutical products – We currently are reviewing cases involving blood-thinning medications (Xarelto and Pradaxa), diabetes drugs (Invokana) and proton pump inhibitors (Nexium, Prevacid and Prilosec), mood stabilizers (Depakote).
- Medical devices – Our current focus is on helping those harmed by IVC blood clot filters (Bard Recovery and G2 series and the Cook Celect), hernia mesh (Ethicon Physiomesh, as well as Kugal Mesh) and surgical catheters (Cook Beacon-Tip).
- Catastrophic Injury caused by medical negligence, including birth injuries, dangerous products of all varieties that cause harm.
We also work with clients in a wide range of other cases in which they have suffered life-changing injuries, lost a family member or suffered harm due to corporate wrongdoing, please contact us and share the specific facts of your case and let us provide a free consultation.
When you contact us about your case, we will take the time to learn what happened to you and to understand the nature and the extent of harm you have suffered. We can also answer any questions you may have about your case such as:
- Should I see a doctor?
- Should I stop taking my medication?
- Approximately how long will my case take?
- Will I need to go to court?
- How will I pay for your legal services?
If your case requires, we can proceed to conduct a thorough investigation of your case, including reviewing your medical records and consulting with experts. We can advise you of all your legal options and help you to understand the legal process as we move forward in your case. We will only charge a fee if we secure a financial recovery for you.
What Should You Expect from Our Team of Professionals During Your Case?
After review of your claim, a suit may be filed if necessary. Once a lawsuit is filed and served on all proper parties, it will go through a stage known as discovery. Both sides will exchange information, file requests for information and conduct sworn depositions (testimony given under oath after questioning by attorneys taken down by a stenographer or court reporter).
If your case involves a dangerous drug or medical device, a lawsuit filed in a federal court may be consolidated with other lawsuits involving the same factual and legal issues. This is known as multidistrict coordination or consolidation, often into a multidistrict litigation (MDL) proceeding. Once of the goals of an MDL is to avoid inconsistent rulings during the pretrial phase and to save time and costs for all parties involved.
One or more cases in the MDL may be chosen for what are called “bellwether trials.” While the outcomes of those trials are not binding on other cases, they can influence trial preparation and settlement negotiations moving forward.
The Driscoll Firm has been fortunate enough to have served in various leadership roles in some instances where consolidated or MDL cases are involved, including experience having been appointed as class counsel or state liaison counsel. Please see Our Record for more details.
Litigation is often a long process, involving years of work by lawyers. Our firm will keep you updated on the important developments, particularly any settlement offers that are extended. There will be no need to call us. We will periodically provide you with texts, e-mails and letters to keep you informed.
Why Should You Contact a St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyer?
As you move on after being harmed by a defective product or by the wrongdoing of another, you may wonder whether you should hire a lawyer to help you.
It is important to consider the many services that a law firm such as The Driscoll Firm can provide, including:
- You have a right to know how and why a certain product or a person’s conduct hurt you and who should be held responsible for the physical, emotional and financial harm you have suffered. We can help you to seek those answers.
- We can pursue fair compensation for you that includes recovery for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and more. In rare cases, seeking punitive damages may be warranted as well.
- The reality is that some people and corporations will not change their harmful behavior unless legal action is taken. We can help you to take legal action that can lead to changes that ultimately protect others from suffering similar harm. Accountability!
Keep in mind: You will pay no costs or legal fees unless we obtain a financial recovery for you. This is known as a contingency fee. If we successfully resolve your case, we will be paid a percentage of your settlement or verdict as agreed.
Get Help from Our Personal Injury and Product Liability Lawyers Today
If you are harmed by a defective product, suffer a life-changing injury or lose a loved one due to the wrongdoing of another person or company, seek help from The Driscoll Firm. We can offer the skill, experience and resources you need to help you to get through this difficult time and to pursue a just resolution for you.
Although we are based in St. Louis, Missouri, we work with clients across the country. Call or reach us online today to receive a free consultation.