Do I Have a Claim?
Are you one of the millions of women who have used the NuvaRing vaginal contraceptive ring?
Have you experienced blood clots, chest pain, swelling in your limbs, heart attack, stroke, kidney problems or other serious side effects?
If so, you might have a NuvaRing injury claim – and the right to share in any financial compensation that is awarded to NuvaRing victims.
The NuvaRing litigation team at The Driscoll Firm, LLC, can evaluate your NuvaRing injury claim and advise you what to do about it. Call 314-932-3232 or use this online contact form to speak with an experienced drug injury attorney about your legal rights and options. The consultation is free, confidential and compassionate.
Step One – Protect Your Health
If you are currently using NuvaRing and suffer from any of the following symptoms – which might be early signs of a blood clot or other dangerous condition – you should seek medical help immediately:
- Swelling or unusual pain in your arms or legs;
- Blurred eyesight or vision problems;
- Lumps in your breasts;
- Vaginal itching, odor or discharge;
- Severe headaches;
- Shortness of breath;
- Bloody coughing or stools;
- Pain in your chest;
- Other dramatic changes in your health.
Step Two – Contact an Experienced NuvaRing Litigation Lawyer
Lawsuits are being filed – approximately 1,000 to date – in state and federal courts nationwide on behalf of NuvaRing victims and their families.
More than 500 claims have been consolidated in Multidistrict Litigation (MDL) in federal court in Missouri. Another 200 claims have been consolidated in state court in New Jersey, where Merck, the manufacturer, is based.
The lawsuits contend that Merck failed to make sure NuvaRing was safe before putting it on the market and failed to adequately warn women and doctors of its dangerous side effects.
Drug injury lawsuits are complex legal matters that involve difficult questions of law, medicine and insurance. If you have a NuvaRing injury claim, don’t choose just any lawyer.
Choose one with:
- A proven track record. John J. Driscoll has resolved thousands of injury cases against drug companies and big corporations. He knows how to track down responsible parties and locate deep pockets. His achievements have earned him acceptance into the prestigious Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
- Drug injury experience and expertise. John J. Driscoll was the first lawyer in the country to obtain compensation for a YAZ birth control victim. He has brought thousands of successful injury lawsuits against drug companies like Bayer, GlaxoSmithKline and Merck & Company.
- Commitment. John J. Driscoll understands that NuvaRing injury claims are about more than money. They are about justice and relief. They are about holding big companies accountable. They are about people.
Step Three – Act Now
There is no NuvaRing class action lawsuit, which means claims must be brought individually.
As with most legal claims, there are strict time limits for bringing a NuvaRing injury lawsuit. Failure to act within the applicable deadline could mean that your right to recover compensation for your NuvaRing injuries are forever barred.
Contact a NuvaRing Litigation Lawyer Today
Women who have been injured by using NuvaRing – and families of those who have died – may face a lifetime of expense and special needs. The Driscoll Firm, LLC, can help take some of the weight off your shoulders. You might be entitled to compensation for past and future medical expenses, including both hospital and out-patient needs, as well as pain and suffering.
Call 314-932-3232 or use this contact form to talk to an experienced injury lawyer at The Driscoll Firm, LLC, about your legal rights today.
- CBS News MoneyWatch http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-42848006/at-merck-an-undercover-video-and-40-deaths-plague-nuvaring-birth-control-brand/?tag=bnetdomain
- BMJ: “Venous thrombosis in users of non-oral hormonal contraception: follow-up study, Denmark 2001-10,” published May 10, 2012 by http://www.bmj.com/content/344/bmj.e2990
- Mayo Clinic http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nuvaring/MY01008/DSECTION=risks
- Mother Jones http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2009/05/nuvaring-dangerous
- Web MD http://www.webmd.com/sex/birth-control/nuvaring